Do you think of networking as a dirty word? Is it something you want to avoid at all costs? You are not alone. However, if you’re a hesitant networker, there’s good news for you! With a little preparation, the right expectations and a strategic plan, networking is probably a lot easier than you think.
If you’d like a guide to help you through every step of your networking journey, I authored one for Vault.com, and it’s available now. Vault is known for its influential rankings, ratings and reviews of thousands of employers and hundreds of internship programs. Vault.com also shares information about what it’s really like to work in an industry, company or profession—and how to position yourself to launch and build the career you want. You can find the Vault Guide to Networking available online.
In the meantime, click through to learn:
- Compelling statistics to prove networking deserves your attention.
- What is networking — and what it is not.
- Networking myths.
- How to network for success (including some tips to help you become a networking sleuth).
- How to look beyond the obvious.
- Understand what you offer.
- Why networking isn’t about asking for a job.
- How to time your networking to your best advantage.
- Why it’s important to be a good listener.
- Why it’s important to be persistent.
Get my free white paper: 5 Mistakes Preventing You From Landing a Job This Week
Read the entire article on Vault.com.